Our scholarships, grants, loans and work-study opportunities can make your college education more affordable than you thought possible. Need-based financial aid is not available to international students, although many students can qualify for loans without demonstrating need.
• Payment online with a credit card is easy through NOVAConnect. Click on Self Service > Campus Finances > Make a Payment; enter your payment information.
• Payment by check, cash, or money order can be made in person at any campus Business Office during posted business hours. You may also mail your check or money order which must be received by the tuition deadline.
• You may use our Installment Tuition Payment Plan that lets you pay a small part of your total bill now, followed by monthly payments.
Summer 2012 Deadlines
Applies to all credit classes.
Dynamic Session Classes: Although you may see other tuition due dates when viewing your account online, you may follow these payment deadlines.
|If you enroll:
||Tuition payment is due by:
|Through April 26
||By 5:00 p.m. April 27, or your classes may be dropped
|April 27 or later
||By 5:00 p.m. the next business day after you enroll, or your classes may be dropped
Classes may be dropped if tuition is not paid by the deadline.
Payments by cash, check, or money order must be received at a campus business office before 5:00 p.m. the next business day.
Payments by credit card using NOVAConnect (Web) are due before 5:00 p.m. on the next business day after you enroll.
For more information, call the Tuition and Fees Hotline at 703.323.3803 for Business Office hours at each campus.
NOVA accepts payment by credit card using Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Credit cards are not accepted at campus Business Offices. You can complete all your business transactions with the College by using NOVAConnect.
To pay online, just click on the "Go to QuikPAY" button on the Web page and follow the instructions. The system may take a few minutes to process your payment, so don't click the payment authorization more than once! Be sure to print out a copy of your confirmation number to have for future reference.
Refunds to your credit card are only available for payments made on NOVAConnect Web. All other refunds will be issued as checks payable to the student. Your refund will not be processed unless all debts to the College have been paid. Refunds for other services such as parking must be requested from the office providing the service.
|Check or Money Order
Payments may be made in person or mailed to any campus Business Office payable to NVCC or NOVA, but must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the date of your payment deadline indicated in the table above.
Include your name, Student ID number (NOVAConnect ID), and telephone number of the account's owner. Addresses for each campus are available online, and inside the back cover of the printed schedule.
Cash payments are accepted only in person at the campus Business Office.
To pay with approved (anticipated) financial aid, you must have received an official Financial Aid Notification Letter from NOVA's College Financial Aid Office. Loans cannot be used to cover your bill until a promissory note and loan entrance counseling are completed. Work-study awards can never be used to cover your bill. You can view your awards online via NOVAConnect.
NOTE: If your award does not fully cover your tuition/fees, please complete payments using the Deferred Tuition Payment Plan, NOVAConnect or in person at a campus Business Office. You may apply for a student loan to cover additional tuition costs.
|Third-Party Sponsor or Company Check
If your company or organization is paying for your tuition and fees, payment can be made by the following methods:
A company check for the amount due, payable to Northern Virginia Community College. Include your name, Student ID number (NOVAConnect ID), and telephone number of the account's owner.
Contract Payment -- You must submit to a campus business office no later than 5 p.m. on the date of your payment deadline your employer's written authorization to be billed for your classes. If your contract was mailed or faxed by the authorizing agency, you must notify the campus business office at the time you register to ensure the contract is applied to your financial account.
By using an agency or employer contract/authorization, you agree to accept responsibility for the full amount of tuition if the agency/employer does not pay within 30 days after invoice.
|Wire Transfer of Funds
The college can receive wire transfer of funds from an originator's bank. If you are interested in paying by this method, contact a campus Cashier or Business Manager to receive detailed instructions for how to transfer funds in this manner.
|Pay in Installments Using NOVA's Payment Plan
NOVA offers the NOVA Payment Plan to help you meet your educational expenses. The Plan is administered by Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS), a third party company that allows you to pay tuition in monthly payments for a set period of time.
- No credit check is required.
- No interest is charged to participate.
- Payments are automatically deducted from the bank account or credit card provided on the NOVA Payment Plan agreement.
- An additional 2.5% convenience fee is assessed for using a credit card. Credit cards accepted by the Plan are American Express, Discover and MasterCard.
The enrollment fee and down payment are processed immediately! All payments are deducted on the 20th of each month. The last day to increase your agreement for the Summer 2012 semester is May 20, 2012, by 5:00 p.m.
|Last Day to Enroll Online
||Required Down Payment
||Total Number of Payments
||Payment Due Dates
||April, May, June
- Applications for the Payment Plan must be done online. Applying in-person, by mail or telephone is not available. You may contact the NBS directly for technical assistance at 800.609.8056.
- NOVA Payment Plan contracts will be automatically initiated for the total amount of your current tuition. Financial Aid and third-party payments cannot be factored in with the Payment Plan. Periodically, contract balances will be automatically adjusted to match tuition balances. Adding or dropping classes will change your NBS contract balance, and your future monthly installment payments will be adjusted.
- All requests to adjust contracts must be made to the NOVA Payment Plan Information Line at least three business days prior to payment due date. NOTE: If you add classes to your schedule after this time, they will not be included in the payment plan, and you may be dropped from the courses for non-payment if other payment arrangements are not made.
- The deadlines to enroll in the Payment Plan are NOT the same as NOVA’s tuition payment due dates.
- By applying for the Plan and completing the agreement, you confirm that you agree to the Terms and Conditions stated in that agreement. PLEASE READ ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
After a NOVA Payment Plan agreement has been completed, classes will be protected until payment has been received from the NBS. For additional information about the NOVA Payment Plan, please contact the NOVA Payment Plan Information Line at 703.450.2562 or email NOVAPaymentPlan@nvcc.edu.
To enroll in NOVA’s Payment Plan, follow these simple steps AFTER registering for classes:
- Go to www.nvcc.edu
- Log on to My Nova; Select VCCS SIS: Student Information System
- Select Self Service
- Select Student Center
- Select Apply Nelnet Payment Plan (under Finances; My Account)
- Select Apply for the Nelnet Payment Plan (located next to Total Due)
- READ and complete the agreement form
- Accept Terms and Conditions
The following Frequently Asked Questions will answer most of your basic questions about the NOVA Payment Plan.