FAQ - NOVA Payment Plan
Click on any of the following categories to quickly get an answer to your question:
- Add/Drop Classes Adjustments
- Changes to the NOVA Payment Plan Agreement
- Credit Card Payments
- Down Payment
- Enrollment and Enrollment Fee
- Financial Aid Adjustments
- Missed Payment
Add/Drop Classes Adjustment
1. I am adding a class, do I need to go back online and complete another agreement?
No. If you add a class you should call the NOVA Payment Plan Information Line at 703.450.2562 to inform them that you have added/dropped a class and need to have your agreement adjusted. You can also view your Payment Plan account at www.mypaymentplan.com to see if it has been automatically adjusted.
2. I dropped all my classes and already paid a down payment. When do I get my money back and when will my agreement be terminated?
Refunds are issued by the College approximately 60 days after the last day of the add/drop period (12 or 16 Week Census Date). It is your responsibility to contact the College to verify that your classes are dropped and request termination of the agreement. The initial Enrollment Fee collected is non-refundable.
Changes to the NOVA Payment Plan Agreement
1. How far in advance do I have to notify the College of a need to adjust my plan in order to impact the next payment?
Requests for plan changes must be made at least three business days in advance of the scheduled payment date. Changes or cancellations can only be made to future uncollected monthly installments and not to initial down payments.
2. I have changed my bank account and address. What should I do?
You need to call Nelnet Business Solutions directly at 1.800.609.8056 to advise them any time you change your bank account, address, email address, or phone number.
3. I need to change my payment date to the 25th. Can you help me?
Payment dates are strictly on the 20th of the month, unless the 20th falls on a weekend or holiday. If the 20th should fall on a weekend or holiday, your payment will be attempted the following business day.
4. I want to change from a checking account to a credit card. What do I need to do?
As long as the Payment Plan is still open for new agreements, call the NOVA Payment Plan Information line at 703.450.2562 to request a termination of your current agreement. Once terminated, you will need to complete a new Payment Plan agreement or pay the remaining amount owed directly to the college. A new agreement will be for the tuition amount due on student account. It will not take in to consideration any payments collected on the previous agreement. Another down payment and enrollment fee will be collected.
5. Is there a way for me to review my agreement online to make sure the proper adjustment has been made?
Yes, when you receive your agreement confirmation letter, there is information in it regarding how to register online and view your account or you can go to www.mypaymentplan.com.
Credit Card Payments
1. What credit cards are accepted by the Payment Plan?
Only American Express, Discover and MasterCard are accepted.
2. Will I have to pay an additional fee if I use a credit card versus a checking account?
Yes. NBS charges a convenience fee (in addition to the enrollment fee and down payment fee) for credit card payments.
3. How much is this fee?
The amount of the fee varies based upon the amount of the payment agreement.
1. How soon is my down payment due?
Your down payment and enrollment fee, as stated in the brochure and on the Payment Plan agreement, is due immediately. Please be sure the funds are available in your account when you enroll in the NOVA Payment Plan.
2. I registered for the Payment Plan but decided to pay the College in full. Can I stop my down payment?
No. The down payment and the enrollment fee are processed immediately, NOVA and NBS cannot stop the attempt to charge the account provided on the agreement. Once you have paid the remaining balance to the College in full, you can call the NOVA Payment Plan Information Line 703.450.2562 to request termination of the agreement.
3. I didn't realize I was short of funds in my account, and there will not be enough money in my account for the down payment. What will happen?
If your down payment should return due to insufficient funds, stop payment, or incorrect bank account information, your agreement will be terminated. If an email address is provided on the agreement, you will receive notification from NBS on what steps to follow.
Enrollment and Enrollment Fee
1. Is it safe to enroll online?
Yes. NBS ensures that all information is kept confidential by encrypting all data using the latest in technology.
2. I don't have a checking account, savings account or a credit card. Can I still enroll in the program?
No. You will need to open an account at a financial institution in order to complete a NOVA Payment Plan agreement.
3. When does my enrollment fee come out of my checking account?
The Enrollment fee is automatically deducted at the same time the down payment is charged. Please make sure that you have enough funds to cover both the down payment and the enrollment fee.
Financial Aid Adjustments
1. My Financial Aid has come in; will NBS adjust my Payment Plan?
No. You will need to call the NOVA Payment Plan Information Line at 703.450.2562 and notify them of the financial aid you received. NBS does not receive notification of your financial aid award. It is your responsibility to confirm this information with the College.
2. I overpaid on my NOVA Nelnet Payment Plan. When will NBS send my refund?
All refunds will be issued by the College. Refunds will not be issued until approximately 60 days from the last day of the Add/Drop period, otherwise known as the Census Date.
1. I didn't have enough money in my account for the first payment, what will happen?
You will receive notification from NBS on how the missed payment will be handled. If you missed any payment, it may be reattempted on the 5th of the next month. NBS has the option of terminating the agreement if the payments are not current. NBS will charge a $30 service fee to your account within two weeks from the failed payment attempt.
2. Why was I dropped from the NBS plan?
NBS will notify you that your Payment Plan Agreement has been terminated because you were not current on one of the following items: tuition payments, enrollment fee, or missed payment fees. You must be current on all payments or you may be dropped from the program.
For more information on NOVA’s Payment Plan, contact the NOVA Payment Plan Information Line at 703.450.2562 or email NOVAPaymentPlan@nvcc.edu.