Student Orientation Registration
"I do not feel CONFIDENT using NOVAConnect. I wish I had some help."
"I need some guidance in UNDERSTANDING what I should take during my first semester at NOVA."
Orientation will give you the ATTENTION that you deserve before you register for classes! What you do prior to attending your first course at NOVA can help you to start strong throughout your college experience.
If you have applied to NOVA and have taken your placement exams, sign up for an orientation session where a team of faculty and staff will:
- Help you understand your placement test results and what courses you can take in English and Mathematics
- Show you how to use the Academic Catalog and to learn how to manage your course scheduling every semester
- Help you choose courses for your first semester in college
- Show you how to navigate through the Class Schedule and NOVAConnect to choose your class sections
- Provide you with the opportunity to register for your courses
- Show you how to access your financial aid status and discuss tuition payment deadlines
- Help you activate your student email
- Direct you to important resources at the campus for college success
Click on the campus of your choice below to sign up for your orientation session. Space is limited. Completing the Sign Up Form reserves your seat in the session of your choice. Please Note: You must register at least 48 hours prior to your preferred session time.
Students interested in Nursing or Allied Health Programs at the Medical Education Campus (MEC) should view an online information session prior to attending a session on campus.
|1.||After you register for your orientation session, be sure to print your confirmation page and bring it with you to the orientation session on your scheduled date.|
|2.||Please Note: If you are unable to attend your scheduled orientation session, please contact the Student Services Center front desk at 703.878.5760 or WONSO@nvcc.edu to reschedule.|
Northern Virginia Community College makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. If you have accommodation needs, please contact email@example.com within 14 working days prior to attending a scheduled event. ASL interpreter requests may be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least four weeks prior to attending a scheduled event.