TA is available to both naval officer and enlisted active duty personnel and naval reservists on continuous active duty. It is also available to enlisted naval reservists ordered to active duty 120 days and to naval reservist officers ordered to active duty for two years or more. To qualify, service members must:
- Be on active duty for the whole length of the course.
- Attend an institution accredited by a regional, national, or professional accrediting agency recognized by the Department of Education.
- Receive counseling from a Navy College Office.
- Provide all grades from previously funded TA courses and reimburse all W and F grades (withdrawals for involuntary reasons may be granted with command verification).
- Agree, if an officer, to remain on active duty for at least two years upon completion of courses funded by TA. This obligation runs concurrently with remaining obligated service time. Those who fail to serve the obligation must repay the TA funds expended on their behalf during the last two years of active duty on a pro rated basis.
Tuition Assistance Program (TA) will pay 100 percent of tuition and fees not exceed:
- $250 @ Semester Credit Hour or
- $166 @ Quarter Credit Hour and
- $4,500 @ Fiscal Year
Applications for Tuition Assistance can be accessed at Navy College Office.