TA is available to both officer and enlisted active duty personnel. To qualify, service members must:
- First-time students must complete a TA Orientation Class PRIOR to using TA.
- Marines must apply for and receive written authorization for TA through the appropriate education office, PRIOR to enrollment. Use form NETPDTC 1560.
- Be on active duty for the whole length of the course.
- Attend an institution accredited by a regional, national, or professional accrediting agency recognized by the Department of Education.
- Provide all grades from previously funded TA courses and reimburse all W and F grades (withdrawals for involuntary reasons may be granted with command verification).
- Agree, if an officer, to remain on active duty for at least two years upon completion of courses funded by TA. This obligation runs concurrently with remaining obligated service time. Those who fail to serve the obligation must repay the TA funds expended on their behalf during the last two years of active duty on a pro rated basis.
Tuition Assistance Program (TA) will pay 100 percent of tuition and fees not exceed:
- $250 @ Semester Credit Hour or
- $166 @ Quarter Credit Hour and
- $4,500 @ Fiscal Year
Applications for Tuition Assistance can be accessed at NETPDTC 1560.