NOVA remains committed to the education of military members and their spouses. We’re an approved school for the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program. MyCAA allows military spouses to receive up to $4,000 in financial assistance for licenses, certificates, certifications or Associates Degrees (Excluding General Studies and Liberal Arts) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields.
More About MyCAA
MyCAA is a career development and employment assistance program sponsored by the Department of Defense. MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or Associate’s Degrees (excluding General Studies and Liberal Arts) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth portable Career Fields.
Spouses of Active Duty Service Members:
- Pay Grade E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2
- Will complete education coursework while spouse is on Active Duty Title 10 Orders
- Includes spouses of activated National Guard and Reserve components in pay grades
How Does MyCAA Work?
Military spouses can request MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) up to a maximum benefit of $4,000. Prior to requesting MyCAA Financial Assistance, military spouses are required to develop an Education and Training (E&T) Plan and upload it to their MyCAA account for approval by a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant.
Required Course Information includes:
- Correct name of school and campus location
- All courses (or the block of study) for which MyCAA financial assistance will be used (include course name/title/codes)
What Does MyCAA Provide?
Training and Education Financial Assistance
- Maximum education benefit of $4,000
- Annual fiscal year cap of $2,000 to assist eligible military spouses
- Annual cap waivers are available if there is an up-front tuition cost that exceeds $2,000 (up to the maximum benefit of $4,000)
- Tuition costs for education and training courses leading to an Associates Degree (excluding General Studies), license, certificate or certification at accredited schools
Employment Readiness Counseling
- Counseling services are eligible to all military spouses of Active Duty Service Members regardless of rank
- Eligibility to receive MyCAA Financial Assistance
Counseling Services Help Military Spouses Identify
- Federal, state and local financial assistance
- Expanded career choices
- Support resources to attend school
How to Get Started
You can establish a MyCAA account by visiting the MyCAA website.
Once your profile information is provided, MyCAA will verify eligibility through a real-time DEERS eligibly check. If you are eligible, you can create your Career and Training Plan and request Financial Assistance when you are within 90 days of your course start date.
Eligible spouses that have received their verification notice from MyCAA should contact the Woodbridge Business Office.
For more Information please visit MilitaryOneSource.
Please contact the Office of Military Services at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.