The Green Committee of Northern Virginia Community College is responsible for advising the College on moving towards a more sustainable future.
The responsibilities of the committee are to:
- Make recommendations to the President, the College Senate, and other administrative officials, as appropriate, concerning environmental issues.
- Make recommendations designed to assist NOVA in developing more sustainable operations.
- Help monitor NOVA's implementation of the general principles adopted in July of 2007 and make recommendations as appropriate on how implementation can be improved.
- Assist in planning programs and events designed to increase awareness of green principles.
- Develop and maintain contacts with similar committees and sustainability offices at colleges, universities and other public and private institutions in the area.
- Help publicize NOVA's efforts to become more sustainable and thus increase the public perception of NOVA as a progressive and valuable member of the higher ed community.
This year's Climate Change Symposium featured guest speaker Mike Tidwell, founder of the Chesapeake Climate Action Network!
Read NOVA's statement of "green" principles, adopted in July of 2007.
We meet on the first Monday of each month, in the large board room of the Brault Building.