NVCC 1995-1996 Catalog
Mission and Goals
[ NVCC Home Page | Table of Contents | General Information | Previous Page | Next Page ]
Northern Virginia Community College believes that education is the cornerstone of a free society.
In keeping with the mission of the Virginia Community College System, the mission of NVCC is to respond to the educational needs of a changing
community and its institutions, ensuring that all individuals in the Northern Virginia area have an opportunity to develop and enhance their values, skills
and knowledge. To achieve this mission, the following goals are established:
- To provide programs and courses of instruction, through the associate degree level, encompassing occupational-technical education,
college transfer education, general education, developmental education, training for business and government, continuing education
and community services, and experience in
the work environment.
- To provide a comprehensive program of student development services.
- To provide a broad range of instructional methods, materials, facilities, and instructional support services that accommodate students
of varied backgrounds, interests and abilities.
- To create an educational environment that encourages and supports the highest level of performance.
- To enhance economic, cultural and educational partnerships between the College and the community.
Comments to: email@example.com