Northern Virginia Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033– 4097, or call 404–679–4500 for questions about the accreditation of Northern Virginia Community College. For other information about the College, please contact NOVA’s Administrative Offices, 4001 Wakefield Chapel Road, Annandale, Virginia 22003– 3796 or call 703–323–3000.
Curricula of the College are approved by the College Board and by the State Board for Community Colleges. Its two-year associate degree programs are also approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV). Certain curricula of the College are accredited or otherwise recognized by specialized accrediting organizations. They include
- the Allied Health and Nursing Programs, accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing; American Dental Association, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied
Health Education Programs, the Commission on Accreditation of Educational Programs for Emergency Medical Services Professions, the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education, the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care, and the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences;
- the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration A.A.S., recognized by HVAC Excellence (Benchmark of Academic Excellence);
- the Culinary Arts Certificate, an apprenticeship program recognized by the American Culinary Federation;
- the Paralegal Studies Program, approved by the American Bar Association; and
- the Veterinary Technology Program, accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association – Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities.
See the individual program descriptions for additional details.