Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find out who my faculty advisor is?
- When should I schedule a meeting with my faculty advisor?
- How do I schedule a meeting with my faculty advisor?
- When I have an appointment with my faculty advisor, what should I bring with me to the appointment?
- If I have a simple question, do I need to make an appointment?
You can log on to NOVAConnect to locate your faculty advisor. For more information come to the Business and Social and Science Division Office, Room 302.
You should schedule a meeting with your faculty advisor after you have declared a major and during your first semester at NOVA. Your faculty advisor will assist you in planning the rest of your program.
Call the Business and Social Science Division at 703.878.5712 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You should bring any paperwork that you have received after declaring a major, including any evaluations by NOVA of your college, experience and exam credits from other schools.
For simple questions about your curriculum you may email your advisor. To find their address refer to the college directory.