LPN to RN
Important Note: There is no in-person Information Session for this program. You are REQUIRED to include the code provided during the online session on your application as proof of completion.
- LPN to RN Transition Brochure (PDF)
- Nursing Pre-Admission Test Instructions (PDF)
- Preparation Tips for Pre-Admission Test (PDF)
- Competitive Admission Process Information (PDF)
- Request for Evaluation of Transcript MEC Students (PDF)
For more information about other nursing tracks offered at NOVA and nursing track deadlines, visit the Nursing Division website.
Phone: 703.822.6579, Medical Education Campus
The Licensed Practical Nurse to Registered Nurse (LPN to RN) Transition Track is available to currently licensed LPNs only. This is a four-semester track with extensive pre-requisite work required. Students take two transitional classes in the fall semester and enter the Traditional Registered Nurse Track during the second semester of the first year of the nursing program. Students graduate at the end of the second spring semester.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) has accredited this program. Contact them at 404.975.5000.