Special Arrangement & Third-Party Contracts
Special Arrangement Contracts
Section 23-7.4 of the Code of Virginia allows Virginia employers or federal installations or agencies located in Virginia to enter into special arrangement agreements for the purpose of providing contract rate tuition charges for the employees of these companies or agencies when these companies or agencies are paying the tuition directly to the college. For more information on this code visit the Commonwealth of Virginia site and follow the links to the Virginia Code.
Particular provisions include:
- The employer is organized under Virginia law or is operating from premises located in Virginia.
- The employer pays salaries or wages to the employee and pays the employer's share of social security and all other employments taxes due.
- The employees participating in the College's educational programming under this contract have as their employment base, premises located in Virginia.
- The employer assumes full liability for all tuition and fee charges of its employees as specified by the employer under this agreement and agrees to pay these charges within 30 days of receiving an invoice.
- The employer will not be liable for tuition for courses its employees drop prior to the course refund deadline, but it is responsible for the tuition for any courses taken under this agreement that its employees drop after that deadline.
- On behalf of their employer, employees may pay the tuition due at the time of registration. Invoices will be issued to cover all tuition unpaid as of the College's billing date.
- If payment is not received from the employer, the student has the financial obligation for full-payment (out-of-state if appropriate). The student will not be allowed to register for succeeding semesters until the debt is paid.
- A special arrangement contract does not guarantee that a class shall be held and does not name specific employees or classes for which a student may register.
- The employer agrees to pay the employee's tuition regardless of the grade the employee receives, whether or not the employee completes the class, unless the class is dropped within the published add/drop period.
- It is acceptable for the student to bring a company check, covering tuition to registration.
This form should be filled out by the company and submitted to the Campus Business Office in person or by fax at 703.257.9296. You will be contact by mail when the agreement has been approved.