Home > Campuses & Centers > Loudoun > Academic Divisions > Natural and Applied Science Division > Veterinary Technology Program > On-Campus Full-Time Program > Profile of Students Accepted
Profile of Students Accepted
|Average Number of College-Level Support Courses Completed:
|Average GPA of Accepted Students:
|% With Associate Degrees:
|% With Bachelor’s Degrees:
|% With Master’s or Higher Degrees:
|% With PhD/VDM
|% Currently Working in Veterinary Field:
|% In-State Residence
|Estimated Number Applied for Fall 2013 Entering Class
|Estimated Number Accepted for the On-campus Program
|Estimated Number Deferred Admissions for the On-campus Program
Please note that although the Veterinary Technology program has set minimum requirements, all candidates applying are competing with the applicant pool. The current class accepted for 2013-2014 fit the profile above with details of these areas described below:
- Academic Background
- Some of the most qualified applicants either had completed all of their fundamental, general education courses (Eng 111, Humanities Elective, Social Sciences Elective, Speech Communication, Chemistry, Math 126) or they had already completed an associate or bachelor's degree.
- The most qualified candidates had completed an associate or bachelor’s degree in a related health science field such as animal science, biology, and zoology.
- The most qualified candidates had a competitive to highly competitive GPA as a result of their coursework (3.0 - 4.0).
- The most qualified candidates illustrated a consistent academic record free of a pattern of withdrawals or failures.
- Work Experience: The most qualified candidates were currently employed in a veterinary practice.
- In-State versus Out-of-State: Virginia residents were given preference to candidates from other states, including Maryland and Washington, DC.