On-Campus Full-Time Program: Veterinary Technology Program
- The next on-campus full-time class begins in the Fall of 2013.
- The last date to apply for the on-campus program is March 1, 2013.
Choosing a career in veterinary technology is an exciting and personally rewarding choice for many individuals. The students in our Veterinary Technology program are a very diverse group of women and men, both experienced and inexperienced with animals. However, they all share a common goal, to obtain and utilize a degree in Veterinary Technology.
There are two major areas of occupational opportunities in this continually growing field and many specialized fields are constantly emerging. The two major areas are:
- working for a veterinarian
- working in a diagnostic/research laboratory
Our program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association. We award an Associate of Applied Science Degree and prepare you for a post-graduate national licensing exam.
The courses in our program offer a liberal amount of hands-on experience with large and small animals. Some of the skills and knowledge you will acquire through our program include:
- animal nursing techniques
- client relations and education
- preparation of patients, instruments and equipment for surgery
- specimen collection and performance of laboratory procedures
- radiographic and anesthetic techniques
- surgical assisting
- familiarization with anatomy, physiology, nutrition and animal diseases
- breeds and behavior
If you need help or have any questions regarding the Veterinary Technology program application process or the requirements needed to apply to the program Contact Us.