On-Campus Full-Time Program: Veterinary Technology Program
- The next on-campus full-time cohort begins in the Summer/Fall of 2015.
- The program application window is January 2nd to March 2nd, 2015.
Choosing a career in veterinary technology is an exciting and personally rewarding choice for many individuals. The students in our Veterinary Technology program are a very diverse group of women and men, both experienced and inexperienced with animals. However, they all share a common goal, to obtain and utilize a degree in Veterinary Technology.
There are two major areas of occupational opportunities in this continually growing field and many specialized fields are constantly emerging. The two major areas are:
- working for a veterinarian
- working in a diagnostic/research laboratory
Our program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association. We award an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree and prepare you for the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE), an entry-level national licensing exam.
The courses in our program offer a liberal amount of hands-on experience with large and small animals. Some of the skills and knowledge you will acquire through our program include:
- animal nursing techniques
- client relations and education
- preparation of patients, instruments and equipment for surgery
- specimen collection and performance of laboratory procedures
- radiographic and anesthetic techniques
- surgical assisting
- familiarization with anatomy, physiology, nutrition and animal diseases
- breeds and behavior
If you need help or have any questions regarding the Veterinary Technology program application process or the requirements needed to apply to the program Contact Us.