Annandale Faculty Guidelines
Make-Up Test Drop-Off Procedures
- Fill out a Request Form.
- You must include each student’s name on the form, and your name should be on the test.
- Provide a separate test for each student.
- We accept up to six make-up tests per section. Any changes to your test instructions such as changing the end date or adding or deleting a student's name must be done via firstname.lastname@example.org or in person.
- The Testing Center does not provide in-class proctors or provide make-up testing for an entire class.
- Students found cheating (using unauthorized materials) will be referred to their instructor for disciplinary action.
- Testing Centers only administer make-up tests for faculty on the campus where the class meets.
- Students may not use electronic devices including calculators that can access the Internet.
- Students with documented accommodations that need a reader/scribe provided through counseling or a private room must make an appointment to take an instructor referred exam. Please inform these students of this requirement. Have these students contact us at email@example.com or 703.323.3833.
Test Pick-Up Procedures
- Tests need to be brought into the Testing Center or picked up in person by the instructor during open hours up to 30 minutes before closing. Please check our hours.
- Untaken tests are destroyed or returned to the division at the end of each semester.
Final Exam Week
During final exam week, Testing Centers do not proctor make-up tests except for students with documented disabilities. Faculty must make accommodations for their own students who choose to travel and miss exams.
Scantron Machines are available in each division. For special testing requests that do not adhere to the guidelines, please contact a Testing Center staff member at 703.323.3833 or firstname.lastname@example.org.