Hospitality Management covers the study of the management and operation of hotels, restaurants and institutional food service facilities, along with culinary arts education, meeting and exhibition management and nutrition management.
We offer associate in applied science degrees in Hospitality Management, Hotel Management, Food Service Management and Nutrition Management. One-year certificates are offered in Meeting and Exhibition Management and Culinary Arts. Courses in food handling, food preparation, commercial food management and catering provide students the opportunity to work in a state of the art commercial food preparation kitchen, whether for career advancement or personal benefit. Students gain skills and competencies in the organization, management and financial control of a hotel and food service operations. The culinary arts and meeting planning certificates prepare students for a special emphasis career path.
Students are prepared to enter mid management positions in the hospitality industry after graduation. They have successfully transferred credits to four-year colleges and universities throughout the country -- majoring in either Hospitality Management or Business Management. Our full-time and adjunct faculty hold bachelor's and/or master's degrees and have firsthand experience and expertise working in the hospitality, culinary arts and meetings industry.
- Hospitality PR Clip
- 60-Second Chef on iTunes U
- Meet Our Instructors and Staff
- Frequently Asked Questions about the NOVA Culinary Arts Program
- HRI Kitchen Uniform Policy
- Culinary Program PowerPoint Presentation
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore - Bachelor of Science Degree Articulation
- Employment Opportunities/Scholarships
- Culinary Arts Collection Database - Includes over 5 million major cooking and nutrition magazines, culinary journals, thousands of searchable recipes, restaurant reviews and industry information. To access from off campus, login with your MyNova username and password.
- Hospitality Management / Travel and Tourism Research Guide
- NOVA Library A-Z Database
|Assistant Dean||Administrative Assistant|
Please email program inquires to email@example.com.