NOVA's Campus Council is part of the College Forum. The Forum, according to its Constitution and Bylaws, is "representative of teaching faculty, administrative faculty and students and classified staff and shall be composed of a College Senate, a Campus Council on each campus and the standing committees of the College Forum."
Campus Council serves the college community by performing the following functions:
- Expressing the viewpoints of administrators, faculty, classified staff and students on issues that are relevant to a particular campus.
- Advising and seeking advice from the Provost on campus issues.
- Making specific recommendations to or communicating with campus committees, college committees and the College Senate.
- Submitting, through the Provost, advice and recommendations to the College President.
- Receiving recommendations from the Instructional and Student Services and Personnel Services College committees for deliberation and action.
- Assisting in the selection of members for the College Senate. Enhancing the learning environment on campus.
- Establishing committees, as needed, to fulfill the Campus Council’s responsibilities to the college community.
As stated in the College Forum Constitution: "Voting membership of each Campus Council shall be based upon a ratio of two students to one classified staff to one administrative staff to one administrative faculty to three teaching faculty."
Campus Council representatives are either elected according to the group that they represent (administrative faculty, teaching faculty or classified staff) in the late spring semester of the academic year prior to their service or are appointed (students, by the Dean of Students and other vacancies, by the Provost) in the year of their service.
- DeQuan Smith TF, Chair
- LaTonia White CL, Secretary
- Laura Albert TF
- Jodie Anderson CL
- Felicia Blakeney CL
- Cheryl Buckley CL
- Victoria Budd CL
- Mihaela Chamberlin TF
- Geraldine Clemons CL
- Celeste Dubeck-Smith AF
- Charbel Fahed TF
- Karen Murph AF
- Marjorie Parker AF
- Jo Ann Short TF
The Annandale Campus Council meets the first Thursday of the month during the nine-month academic calendar. There is often no meeting in January due to the holiday break. The meetings convene at 2:00 p.m. usually in the Provost’s Conference Room in the Godwin Building.
Visitors are welcome to the Campus Council meetings. As noted in the College Forum Constitution: "Any member of the faculty, staff or student body shall have the right to attend meetings of the Campus Council but shall not be entitled to have the floor unless he or she is reporting at the request of the Council, or his or her petition has been granted prior approval by the chair of the Campus Council."