- Online Grammar Exercises -- Hosted by Capital Community College; Hartford, Connecticut
- Gallaudet University English Works! -- Online Writing and Reading Lab
- Writing Tips and Handouts -- From the George Mason University Writing Center
- OWL: Online Writing Lab -- From Purdue University
- Bartleby.Com: Usage
Information on the Study Guides and Strategies site is available in a number of languages including Amharic, Arabic, Spanish, Turkish and many others.
The Research Paper
- Critically Evaluating Sources of Information -- From Cornell University Library
- Hone Your Research Skills -- From Bedford St. Martin's Press
- Strategies for Critical Reading and Writing -- "Fundamentals of critical reading and effective writing"
- Resources for Writers: Summary Writing -- From Drew University
- MLA Electronic Citations -- From MLA
Click "MLA Style," then select "Frequently Asked Questions About MLA Style," next select "How do I document sources from the World Wide Web in my works-cited list?"
- APA Electronic Citations
- CBE Electronic Citations -- From Bedford/St. Martin's Press
- Chicago Manual of Style -- From Bedford/St. Martin's Press
- Documentation: Chicago Style -- From the University of Wisconsin
- MLA Citations -- From Bedford/St. Martin's Press
- Sources: Their Use and Acknowledgement -- Dartmouth College
Help for Writing College Application Essays
- The Application Essay -- From CollegeQuest/Peterson's
- SuperCollege.Com -- Choose "Admissions and Tests"
Spelling, Vocabulary, Learning Styles
- The Index of Learning Styles -- a self-scoring questionnaire for assessing preferences on four dimensions of the Felder-Silverman model.