Academic Center for Excellence
The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) at NOVA's Alexandria Campus takes great pride in helping our students enhance their learning at all levels. ACE promotes both fundamental literacy and mastery of skills in most subjects. We also offer resources, workshops and individual plans for improving academic skills and achieving academic success.
ACE provides free peer tutoring services to all NOVA students. Tutoring services are generally available for, but not limited to Math, Accounting, Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Sciences, World Languages, Psychology, Sociology, History and Music.
Students can expect individualized assistance from our exceptional tutors.
- Our drop-in Math Lab is staffed by skilled tutors and professors, and has computers loaded with all the software you will need for completing homework and practice problems.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable peer tutors will help you master the concepts covered in your classes. Our peer tutors are fellow students who have excelled in the subjects they tutor and have been recommended by faculty members.
- If you’re looking for even more individualized help, make an appointment with one of our Academic Enrichment Specialists for academic coaching.
- Do you need a place to study with your classmates? We have space that you can reserve for a group to study for an exam or to practice for class presentations.
- We also have many useful resources to help you become a better student and succeed at NOVA and beyond.
Location Bisdorf Building (AA), Room 229
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.; Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Stop by our office or call 703.845.6363 to make an appointment with a peer tutor, or drop in at the Math Lab during our office hours.
Are you interested in joining our team as a peer tutor? Stop by our office to pick up an application! We are always accepting applications, and we hire continually throughout the year as needed. Contact Courtney Boland (email@example.com) or Gwen McCrea (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.