College Research Center
Whether you are trying to find colleges that meet all of your needs or you are exploring a school already familiar to you, conducting college research is a large investment of time, money and effort. Consequently, a careful evaluation of colleges/universities is important. The Career & Transfer Center provides several ways for you to explore your options and make the best decision.
The Career & Transfer Center can assist you in your college research by offering the following services:
- Online searches databases for colleges that meet your needs by major, institution, location, tuition/cost and lifestyle.
- Access a library of catalogs, transfer guides and applications.
- Receive help with your college applications and review of admissions essays.
- On campus admissions visits with college/university representatives
- Advice on admissions requirements (Deadlines, GPA, Courses, etc.)
- View our resource library to include college handbooks, articulation agreements, a college catalog collection, and publications on admissions, course articulation, financial aid, housing and academic programs.
- Reference books assist students with their choice of an institution, academic preparation and financial planning.
Reference Guides Include:
Peterson’s Guide to Four-year and Two-year Colleges; Peterson’s College Money Book; College Board Index of Majors & Graduate Degrees; The Ultimate College Guide, U.S. News & World Report; Barron's Profiles of American Colleges; The College Blue Book; Lovejoy’s College Guide; and much more. Visit the Transfer Center to access a complete reference list.