Academic Planning Services
Places So Near Can Take You So Far, Let NOVA Show You How
Academic planning and advising is an important component for successful completion of your degree and transfer to a four-year college/university.
The Career & Transfer Center works in collaboration with the Counseling Center to assist students in reaching their educational goals and serves as an information source for helping new students move through the process of enrolling at NOVA and continuing students to reach their goals.
The Career & Transfer Center philosophy regarding your academic preparation is to “Begin with the End in Mind”, adopted by Stephen Covey’s “7 Habits of Highly Effective People.”
Academic services for students include:
- One-to-one transfer advising sessions (click on Tips for Communicating With Your Faculty Advisor)
- Assessing recommended transfer courses
- Developing an education plan (use the Transfer Planning Worksheet to develop a plan)
- Evaluating (unofficial) course work from other colleges and universities
- Clarifying transfer policies and procedures
- Providing information about degree requirements and transfer options
- Making referrals to campus resources
- Making information available through both print and Web resources