Annandale’s Learning & Technology Resources division has developed Blackboard modules covering a variety of academic, reading, writing and research topics needing introduction or reinforcement across courses and disciplines to support student learning and success. Modules were designed to address VCCS General Education Goals and Student Learning Outcomes, with many modules also supporting NOVA’s Developmental English Student Learning Outcomes.
Our Student Success at your Fingertips Blackboard modules present content aimed at developing a student’s knowledge and understanding of a topic and the skills needed to use and apply that knowledge. Content in both the student modules and the faculty information about the modules is organized into “Knowing” and “Using” -- “Knowing” a topic or module presents content aimed at introducing a concept or skill, while “Using” presents strategies for applying that knowledge or module.
Faculty can download the modules for use in their courses and have access to suggested assignments and assessments for the topics covered in each module. Modules are arranged by broad category -- please select a category to access information about available modules and to download the module for use in your courses.
Give us your feedback! (form will open in a new window)
About the Team
Modules were developed by faculty and staff from Annandale’s Learning & Technology Resources division:
- Jami Yazdani, Associate Dean for Learning & Technology Resources
- Sarah Bogdewiecz, Coordinator of Academic Support Services
- Emily Miller, Reading & Writing Center Supervisor
- Kevin Simons, Reference & Instruction Librarian
- Kama Storie, Web Administrator & Instructional Technologist
- Chase Baity, (Former) Web Administrator & Instructional Technologist
- Veronica Campos, (Former) ESL Center Supervisor
- Annalise Rivas, (Former) Testing Center Instructor
- Paula DeRoy, (Former) Reference & Instruction Librarian
Collaborate with us!
We would love to work with faculty to:
- develop or revise modules
- create Assignments
- discuss ways to incorporate modules into your teaching
- provide face-to-face workshops or instruction sessions on modules or other topics
You can contact us individually or via our feedback form. (form will open in a new window)
Include us in your courses!
Add the LTR to your Blackboard with our LTR Services for Students Module.