Calliope 2012 - Download
Calliope 2011 - Download
Calliope 2010 - Download
Calliope 2009 - Download
Calliope 2008 - Download
Calliope 2007 - Download
Calliope 2006 - Download
Selected submissions may appear in the Calliope publication, on the Calliope website, and in additional media as well.
We invite submissions from any student enrolled in an AN class during the ’12—’13 academic year (consisting of the Fall 2012 semester and Spring 2013 semester).
To be considered, all submissions must conform to the following submission guidelines:
Categories for Submission and for Best in Publication Contest Prizes
Work in the following categories will be considered:
C. Creative Non-Fiction
D. ESL Prose or Poetry (for students currently enrolled in an ESL class)
F. Poetry and nonfiction in any of the foreign languages taught at NOVA
E. Artwork (includes drawing, painting, design, computer design, photography and high quality photographs of ceramics and sculpture)
Number of Submissions
A student may submit up to five (5) individual works in each of the categories listed above; Calliope will publish no more than three works in each category by any one student.
The Spring deadline for Calliope 2013 is midnight on February 18, 2013.
- All literary entries must be submitted as Word documents, single-spaced, in 12 point font (Arial or Times New Roman preferred).
- All entries—including artwork entries—must have a unique title attached to the work. Titles for literary entries will appear on the first page of the work. (The editors may reposition the title in publication.) Titles for artwork entries should be placed on the back and on the separate cover sheet.
- Artwork will be accepted in color or black and white. Please note that artwork should not be submitted electronically. Instead, the original, unframed 2-D work or high quality photo of the 3-D work must be submitted to Duncan Tebow (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Tuesday February 27 and Wednesday, February 28, in CM 342, between 9 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Calliope 2013 Art Show Prospectus
A cover page for each submission, including artwork, is required. The following information must be included on the cover page:
- Author’s or artist’s complete name
- Contact information
- Home, cell and work phone numbers
- NVCC email address and a secondary email address
- NOVA Emplid #
- Title of piece
- Submission category
You may submit literary works as attachments to the Calliope email address: email@example.com.
- Submit your cover page as a separate attachment to the same email.
- Submit one work and one cover page per email.
- Please submit using your NVCC email address.