ASC Mission Statement
Academic Support Services strives to help students reach their full learning potential. We are partners in the development of academic and professional opportunities across disciplines united by NOVA’s common values of success, access and excellence. We welcome students’ unique experiences, knowledge and perspectives and advocate personal educational goals and career readiness for a globally competitive workforce. We accomplish our mission by providing:
- One-on-one tutoring
- Online tutoring
- Subject specific workshops
- Small group study sessions
- Time management/study skills assistance
- Assessment preparation
- Print and electronic resources
- Open access multimedia resources
- Educational software
- Special topics clubs and fellowships -- ex. TED Talks and Conversation Cafe's
Interested in Becoming a Tutor?
- Applicants should have at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and an A in the course(s) they are interested in working with.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong communication skills, strong study and time management skills, be well organized and have patience and compassion toward others.
- Applicants must be interested in working with a diverse group of students who may be struggling in their coursework and study skills.
Applications are welcome year-round. We hire on an as-needed basis. Interested applicants can download the tutor application and turn it into any of the Academic Support Center Supervisors during normal business hours.
Do you want to refer your student to one of our tutoring centers or to the library for help with their assignments? Click on the link below to download a student referral slip.