- Gallaudet University English Works! -- Online Writing and Reading Lab
- OWL: Online Writing Lab -- Purdue University
- Bartleby.Com: Usage
Information on the Study Guides and Strategies site is available in Amharic, Arabic, Spanish, Turkish and many other languages.
The Research Paper
- Critically Evaluating Sources of Information -- Cornell University Library
- Hone Your Research Skills -- Bedford St. Martin's Press
- Strategies for Critical Reading and Writing -- "Fundamentals of critical reading and effective writing."
- Resources for Writers: Summary Writing -- Drew University
- MLA Electronic Citations -- MLA
Click "MLA Style," then select "Frequently Asked Questions About MLA Style," next select "How do I document sources from the World Wide Web in my works-cited list?"
- APA Electronic Citations
- CBE Electronic Citations -- Bedford/St. Martin's Press
- Chicago Manual of Style -- Bedford/St. Martin's Press
- Documentation: Chicago Style -- University of Wisconsin
- MLA Citations -- Bedford/St. Martin's Press
- Sources: Their Use and Acknowledgement -- Dartmouth College
Help for Writing College Application Essays
- SuperCollege.Com -- Choose "Admissions and Tests"
Spelling, Vocabulary, Learning Styles
- The Index of Learning Styles -- A self-scoring questionnaire for assessing preferences on four dimensions of the Felder-Silverman model.