The Women's Center at NOVA's Alexandria Campus fosters an environment in which women of diverse cultural backgrounds can best fulfill their personal, educational and professional goals.
I. Provide resources and services to promote educational success emphasizing gender equity and inclusiveness:
- Promote access to quality education with college transfer:
- scholarship, career and professional development opportunities
- internships, workshops and community service initiatives
- Partner with community agencies and professional organizations.
II. Develop programs to address gender and cultural barriers in areas of employment and policy-making and to encourage leadership opportunities for women:
- lecture series addressing women's issues
- development of curriculum for Women’s Studies Program
- recognition of contributions of women on campus
III. Establish referral system to:
- campus counseling for women and men
- community services agencies
- mentoring networks
- support groups and peer mentoring
- community outreach for role models