Dr. Leslie White
Phone (C): 703.618.0356
What's Included in Rental?
House Sound System
Rooms & Additional Services
Audio and Video Recording
Please click here for
a printer friendly version
of the Technical Specifications in PDF.
download Free Adobe Acrobat Reader click here.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN RENTAL?
Rental of the theater at the performance rate includes:
- Two technicians
- Use of backstage areas (dressing rooms, green room)
- House lighting (standard lighting is a “concert” set up—not all equipment listed is part of the house lighting set up. Additional lighting is charged at a time and equipment rate.)
- House sound (two (2) ceiling speaker clusters, use of up to three (3) microphones—SM57, SM58LC or wireless SM87, or equivalent. Additional speakers, monitors, microphones and other audio equipment are charged on a per unit per day basis).
- Music stands and chairs
All other equipment and personnel needs will incur additional charges. See rate sheet for current prices. A Technical Rider outlining equipment and special needs is requested with the Space Application Form.
Back to Top
Eight exits to lobby.
Front Orchestra - 521
Rear Terrace -
Box Seats - 72 (Please Note: Rear Boxes on both levels plus Front Left Box Double as Handicapped Seating)
Balcony - 193
- Seating total: 981
- Without pit seats: 922
Ear Assisted Listening System available.
accessible in compliance with ADA.
- Per Fire Marshall:
- TOTAL LEGAL STAGE CAPACITY IS 134
NOTE: Stage Capacity is reduced by 33 each time rear acoustic wall moves forward by width of one side panel (Fully open-134; reduced by ¼-101; Reduced by ½-67; reduced by ¾=34).
- TOTAL LEGAL STAGE CAPACITY WITH PIT AT STAGE LEVEL IS 172 with the wall at the back of the stage.
Click here for memo regarding Stage Capacity
width: Fully Open - 57' 10"
Side Panels Parallel to Stage - 42' 3"
Proscenium height: 38'
width: Fully Open - 53' 4"
- Side Panels Parallel to Stage - 37'
From plaster line to cross-over - 43' 8"
- From cross-over to US wall -
- Movable Orchestra Pit Platform adds extra 10' of depth.
Wing space: SR-14'; SL-10' 6"
working height: 52'
US cross-over height: 24' 6"
from dressing rooms: USL and USR; Loading door from dock SR wall; Apron doors to
house from backstage stage right and stage left.
floor: medium-dark maple.
Rosin-free marley dance floor available.
traps or elevators in the floor.
Comfortably fits a 125-piece orchestra.
Back to Top
Orchestra pit is 58' wide x
27' deep at the center. The DS 10' of the orchestra pit is a height-adjustable
platform with stops at stage level, seating level and pit level. Entrance to the
pit is from the SR end. The orchestra pit comfortably seats 60 musicians.
Back to Top
Single purchase counterweight system with 42 line sets.
Locking rail is SL at stage level.
Loading bridge is at grid level.
Note: Only the main curtain is permanent. All other soft goods must be hung as
Main curtain is light gray velour.
Three (3) sets of black velour legs.
Three (3) black velour borders 10' high.
One (1) full stage black velour curtain.
(1) full stage white cyclorama.
Back to Top
Wenger Diva Acoustical Shell in blonde-wood veneer.
sets of permanently installed side-masking towers: 40' high x 8' 6" wide
Towers pivot on DS side and move 90-degrees.
Five moveable rear towers: 24' 6" high x 10' 7" wide.
Fixed acoustical back wall extends 15' 6" above moveable rear towers.
Four adjustable-angle ceiling panels.
- Matching blonde-wood veneer teaser:
Back to Top
Control Board: Strand 510i LightPallet/GeniusPro.
CD80 Supervisor Dimmers: 310 @ 2.4 kw.
Control board located in booth at the back of the house with DMX and ethernet
connections located in the house floor control position and at the Stage Manager's
Two (2) - 400 amp, 3 phase, 5 wire SR
One (1) -
400 amp, 3 phase, 5 wire SL
One (1) - 100 amp, 3 phase, 5 wire in follow spot
One (1) - 400 amp, 3 phase, 5 wire in lobby office
FRONT OF HOUSE (122 circuits)
Catwalk 1: Approximately 10' DS from proscenium arch - 26circuits
Catwalk 2: Approximately 26' from stage - 26 circuits
Catwalk 3: Approximately 42' from stage - 26 circuits
Catwalk 4: Approximately 65' from stage - 14 circuits
- Box Booms:
SR & SL on two levels - 12 circuits each SR & SL 27' from proscenium -
12 circuits each
Balcony Rail: 6 circuits
STAGE (188 circuits)
Electric 1: 2' US of plaster line - 12 circuits.
Electric 1 is a winch-controlled
Electric 2: 12' US of plaster line - 12 circuits
Electric 3: 23' US of plaster line - 12 circuits
Electric 4: 32' US of plaster line - 12 circuits
2nd Gallery Level Position SR only - 84 circuits
1st Gallery Level Positions SR & SL - 20 circuits each
Deck Level Positions SR & SL - 8 circuits each
(no floor pockets)
Back to Top
- NEW LIGHTS AS OF 9/2013
- 8 Selecon Pacifics 5.5-13 degree zooms ellipsoidals (8)
- 10 Selecon Pacifics 23-50 degree zooms ellipsoidals (10)
- High End Systems Cyberlight 2.0. (3) Note: Technical programming charges may apply.
- All instruments and outlets are 2P&G stage connectors.
- All ellipsoidals have pattern slots.
- There are barndoors for all fresnels.
- All Colortrans have top hats.
- All Strands have doughnuts.
- Follow spot: (2) - Lycian Super Arc 400 model 1267 in booth above balcony, approximately 65' from proscenium.
- Strand 15/32 ellipsoidals (40).
- Strand 23/50 ellipsoidals (20).
- Strand 50° ellipsoidal (20)
- Colortran 20-degree ellipsoidals (13).
- Colortran 30-degree ellipsoidals (13).
- Strand 8" fresnels (20).
- Multi-cable: 4 @ 75', 4 @ 60', 4 @ 40' (all with breakouts).
LIGHTING PLOT (pdf format)
We have access
to a Barco ID Pro R600 DLP projector, video, and slide film projectors.
Other equipment may be rented from local
Back to Top
93 - Wenger music stands + conductor's stand.
Two-step conductor's podium with sissy bar.
108 - Music stand lights.
- 90 - Wenger orchestra chairs.
- 82-Wenger padded folding orchestra chairs.
Pianos: one 9' Steinway concert grand; one 6' Steinway grand.
Most large Orchestral Percussion equipment.
25' Genie man-lift.
16' A-Frame ladder & various other ladders.
The hall is a 981-seat proscenium theater with near-perfect
acoustics designed by Artec, Inc. Sound reinforcement is unnecessary for most
Microphone and line-level input jacks are distributed throughout
the theater and lower lobby.
Sound systems may be controlled from three
positions: the main control booth located at the back of the house; the house
floor control position located on the orchestra level just in front of the balcony
overhang; and the Stage Manager's panel SR (limited capacity.)
LS9-32 mixing console.
Mackie 1402 VLZ Pro mixing console (stage manager panel).
- Ceiling Clusters: EV sx300 (4).
- EV sx300 (2)
- Yamaha Waveforce subwoofer (2)
- JBL JRX 112M (8)
- EAW KF6507 (4)
- Booth Monitors: KRK model 6000 (2).
Shure DFR II EQ and feedback reducer.
Denon DN-C630 CD player with remote.
Tascam DA-40 DAT player.
ProCo DB-1 Direct Box (2).
- Countryman Type 85 Direct Box (4)
Whirlwind 12-channel mic snakes.
- Alesis Masterlink hard disc recorder
- BSS Opal 30-channel graphic equializer (6)
- Shure SM57 (7).
- Shure SM58LC (6).
- Shure SM87 wireless (6).
- Shure MX393/C boundary mics (4).
- Shure KSM44 (2).
- Earthworks Z30-X cardiod condensers (3)
- Audio Technica AT853a (4)
- AKG D112 (1).
- AKG C391 B (2)
- Sennheiser MKH800 (4)
- Kenwood TK3101 radios with ear-bud headsets and inline mics (8)
Easy truck access is available at the loading dock SR.
The dock features swing-arm loading light and roll-up door. Load-in is at stage
level. Access for 48' semi-trailer trucks is available and cast/crew bus parking.
Road boxes may be stored in loading zone.
DRESSING ROOMS & ADDITIONAL
Star dressing room is located just off stage right - suitable for up to five people.
Two chorus dressing rooms are located backstage - suitable for up to 25 people
Green Room is located off SR.
Washing machine and dryer available.
All dressing rooms are equipped with sinks, showers, mirrors, dressing tables,
chairs, toilets and costume/wardrobe racks.
The Rachel M. Schlesinger Concert Hall and Arts Center is
a non-union house with an experienced staff. Local crew can be assembled.
Back to Top
AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDING
The Schlesinger Center can make audio and video recordings of your event. Audio recordings will be stereo recordings onto CD. Video recordings will be one-, two-, or three-camera live-mix shoots onto DVD. See rate sheet for current prices.
The Schlesinger Center is equipped with Category
5 data jacks in the seminar rooms, Wachovia Forum and the stage in the Mary Collier
Baker Theater, as well as in other key locations throughout the building. The
Cat 5 data jacks allow conference presenters to access the Internet via NVCC's
high-speed network server. Presenters can use the Internet for videoconferencing,
Power Point displays and a host of other Web-based presenting options. The Schlesinger
Center also features a closed circuit television system linking the various rooms
of the building and allowing for room-to-room videoconferencing.
Back to Top
| Calendar of Events
| Art Gallery | Directions
| About Schlesinger | Seating
Chart | Price List | Technical
Specifications | Meetings & Special Events
| Contact Us | Home