Outlook Setup Instructions
Be sure that you have downloaded Cisco VPN and logged on to the college network via Cisco VPM before using the instructions below.
To setup the full version of Outlook on your home computer, you must have Microsoft Office 2010 loaded. Follow the instruction below.
……OR……. After connecting to the college network via Cisco VPN, open Remote Desktop Connection under the Accessories folder and then type in NVCC-REMOTE3-v Again, YOU MUST FIRST BE CONNECTED VIA CISCO VPN. You will likely need to follow the directions below to configure Outlook via NVCC-REMOTE3-v
1. Click the Start Button and then Click Control Panel. In the View By in the upper right corner, select Small Icons to get the view illustrated below.
2. Right-click the Mail icon and click Open to get the screen below.
3. Click the Add button to get the screen below.
Type any name you want to, for example your first name, in the Profile Name area and click ok to get the screen below. The fields will be blank. In the Your Name field type your last name first followed by a comma and then your email address in the next field. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
4. Select Microsoft Exchange or compatible service, and then click Next.
5. Type mail.nvcc.edu in the Sever field and then your user name (last name first) in the User Name field, and then click the Check Name button.
The server and the user name will be underlined if it finds your account. Make sure to check the Use Cached Exchange Mode box. Click Next.
6. Click Finish and then Click OK to complete the process.