We welcome you to the home page of the Mathematics Department. We are here to serve our community and our population of students in their academic and professional needs pertaining to mathematics.
At the Alexandria campus, we offer the full range of NOVA's math curriculum from beginning algebra to differential equations. Courses in developmental math, math for the liberal arts, precalculus, statistics and calculus are offered every semester, with others such as discrete math and abstract algebra offered at least once a year. Every math instructor will be happy to help you choose a sequence of math courses to meet your goal, whether that's a requirement for your major or graduate program or just something you've always wanted to understand.
The 7th Annual Math Contest at the Alexandria campus will be held on November 1, 2016. The two attachments will serve as the guide for students to prepare for the competition.
Front row: Kate Yan, Neha Jain, Essma Haddam, N V Fitton and Amy Wang
Back row: Alexander Krantsberg, Matt Konicki, Biniyam Tibebu, Michael Lape, Maryam Hanif, Bruce Wahl, Snejana Topalova and Larry Stark
- Tips on How to Study Math
- Math Requirements/Course Progression
- Textbooks Required for Math Courses
- Math - Degrees, Certificates and Specialization
- Mathematical Association of America
- AMATYC - American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges
- Mathematics Archives
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- The Math Forum
- The Math Forum - Ask Dr. Math
- Wolfram Mathematica
- MERLOT Mathematics and Statistics Resources
- Become a Teacher in Virginia
- VCCS VPT MathSite