Welcome to the Northern Virginia Community College Website
- Apply to NOVA.
Follow the admissions process for either the Intensive English Program or the Degree Program. Submit all of the required forms and documents to the Office of International Student Services (OISS). Please include a copy of your current I-20.
- OISS will issue you an acceptance letter and an F-1 Status Verification Form within ten working days of receiving your complete application.
- You must sign the student section of the form and give it to your current school along with a copy of your acceptance letter.
- Your international student advisor at your current school should complete the advisor’s section of the form and return it to OISS.
- The advisor should release your SEVIS record (I-20) to the NOVA campus where you will be studying.
- You may register for classes only after the F-1 Status Verification Form has been returned to OISS.
- Your new I-20 will be issued within two weeks of the date your SEVIS record is released to NOVA. You may register for classes and even begin studying while you wait for your I-20 to be issued.