NOVA’s Adult Career Pathways Program and Fairfax County Public Schools are working together to help students bridge from adult high school completion programs to community college. We do this by offering current FCPS adult students the opportunity to enroll for NOVA’s SDV 100: College Success Skills course on-site at Woodson Adult High School prior to graduation from one of the adult completion programs.
SDV 100: College Success Skills
- Learn skills that will help you succeed in college courses.
- Earn your first NOVA course credit.
- Topics include:
- Time Management
- Goal Setting
- Planning Your Education to Secure Employment
- College Policies & Procedures
- Financial Management
- Cost of this course is subsidized for current adult completion program students to a fraction of the regular cost of a NOVA credit.
SDV courses are held twice a year at Woodson Adult High School -- once during the summer and once in the fall.
If you are a current FCPS adult student and will be receiving a credential at the next graduation, contact your FCPS guidance counselor to find out when the next course will be held and reserve your spot.