ENGLISH 112 – Composition II
ENG 112 will teach students to understand and apply rhetorical principles of argument.
Homework Preparation for Class
Due by class time:
- Read Jeremy Rifkin editorial, 'A Change of Heart About Animals'.
- Complete Thinking Critically reading questions to bring to class.
- Discuss methods of persuasion: Pathos/Ethos/Logos.
- Analyze argument: Jeremy Rifkin editorial.
Write your own letter to the editor. Due Thursday by 11:59 p.m.
Homework Preparation for Online Class
- Watch video: 'Persuasive Appeals: Pathos Ethos Logos'.
- Read 'Three Ways to Persuade', by John Edlund
Thursday: Online Class
- Post mini-assignment on persuasion to discussion board.
- Respond to at least three of your classmates work with a suggestion for how he or she could use pathos, ethos, or logos to make a stronger case for his/her position.