NOVA’s Career Training Open House Events
Are you interested in training for a new career or a promotion?
Would a certification or degree advance your career?
Plan to attend NOVA's Career Training Open House, where you can learn about dozens of affordable career training programs from NOVA and our community partners!
In one place, you can get information about training opportunities in many STEM related fields, including; Information Technology, Healthcare, Health Information Management, Engineering, Science, and more. You can also learn about qualifying for financial aid, special scholarship opportunities, counseling-based services, weekend programs, ESL courses, and assistance for job seekers.
Attend either of the NOVA Career Training open house events listed below:
*RSVPs are requested in advance (see additional information at the bottom).
Ernst Cultural Center, Forum Room
Thursday, March 14, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Free Parking in B lots & garage
Directions to the Career Training Open House Events
- For directions and a map for the March 9 event at NOVA’s Innovation Park site, click here: http://www.nvcc.edu/about-nova/maps-directions/innovation-park/index.html
- For directions and a campus map for the March 14 event at NOVA’s Annandale Campus, click here: http://www.nvcc.edu/about-nova/maps-directions/annandale/index.html
Event Program Information
At each of these events, there will be information and staff available to answer your questions about the following career training programs and services:
NOVA Career Training Programs and Services
- Adult Career Pathways Program: Designed to assist low-wage workers, work-eligible immigrants, unemployed and underemployed individuals in developing an education or training plan to earn a certificate or credential.
- Community Based Organizations Initiative: Students receive college credit and job training in the administrative technologies, business management, finance, entrepreneurship, and information technologies fields.
- Weekend Studies Program: Take advantage of flexible weekend, evening and online courses.
- American Culture & Language Institute (ACLI): Teaches ESL to students from all over the world.
- Information Technology: College degree, certificate programs and continuing education programs
- Engineering Technology: College degree and certificate programs
- Science: College degree
- Health Information Management: College degree and certificate programs
- Health Information Technology: Certification program
- NOVA Workforce Development: Programs including; IT, CNA, Pharmacy Technician, and Billing and Coding
- Biotechnology Program
- SySTEMic Solutions: Preparing students for STEM careers
- Mathematics: A wide-curriculum in Mathematics ranging from review classes in basic math and algebra to multivariate calculus, linear algebra, discrete math and more.
NOVA-Affiliated Information Technology Training Programs
- Northern Virginia Family Services’ Training Futures: Office skills and computer help desk training programs
- Multivision: Computer programming training program
- Year Up: Information technology program
Public Service Programs for Job Seekers
- SkillSource: One-stop job centers
- Virginia Employment Commission (VEC): Services for unemployed Virginians
Scholarship and Financial Aid for Career Training
During the Career Fair events, NOVA and its partners will present a mini-workshop on financial aid and scholarship resources, including; federal financial aid for college credit programs and Individual Training Account (ITA) tuition funding from SkillSource.
Please RSVP in advance by clicking on Career Training Open Houses, emailing email@example.com or calling 703.425.5245. To be eligible for the IPod Shuffle raffle, you must RSVP in advance and be present at the event.
Need More Information?
If you have any further questions about NOVA’s Career Training Open House events, please call 703.425.5245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.