Areas of Rescue Assistance
An area of rescue assistance is an area where person’s with disabilities that are not able to evacuate the building or to get to a safe area during a Shelter-In-Place situation can go for assistance.
- Areas of rescue Assistance are located through out the building and parking garage in stairwells.
- All stairwells have signs posted outside the stairwell identifying it as an area of rescue assistance.
- Once in the area of rescue assistance remain calm and activate the system by pressing the button labeled call for help.
- The alarm will sound at the fire control panel, notifying the evacuation coordinator of your location.
- The evacuation coordinator will notify you by voice that help is on the way
- If there is no need to evacuate the building i.e. a drill you will be notified to remain where you are until the drill is complete.
- The College Is:
- Homeland Security