Home > About NOVA > Emergency Preparedness > Campus Emergency Procedures > Medical > Hazards > Violent Incident
- Immediately seek protection/shelter in place.
- Secure area by locking or barricading door using whatever means available.
- Stay behind solid objects away from door.
- Call 9-1-1.
- Minimize noise that may draw attention to your location: turn off lights, computers, and radios and put cell phones on vibrate.
- Follow all directions of authorities; do not challenge law enforcement.
- When reporting an incident, indicate your location.