Office of Affirmative Action, Minority and Legal Affairs
The Office of Affirmative Action, Minority and Legal Affairs provides a vast array of services to faculty, staff and students alike. These services include the administration of programs, assistance in the development of NOVA policies and procedures, and the monitoring of NOVA practices. The primary focus of the office is to facilitate equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in employment and educational activities by:
- Serving as the first point of contact for all legal issues affecting the college.
- Oversee ADA compliance issues.
- Providing prompt and equitable resolution of complaints.
- Administering an affirmative action program in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Developing and delivering Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity educational programs.
- Monitoring the recruitment and selection process.
Equal Opportunity Statement
NOVA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and Virginia state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements in all programs. The Office of Affirmative Action and Minority and Legal Affairs is located in the Brault Building, Room 210 on the Annandale campus. NOVA actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color and members of other underrepresented groups.