The information and links below are provided as a resource to the NOVA computing community. Please review all documentation and system requirements before installing any software on your system. You may need to contact the software manufacturer for assistance if you encounter any major problems with the installation.
Free Antivirus Software
Students, Faculty and Staff with Blackboard accounts can download free Antivirus Software by going to http://learn.vccs.edu/webapps/portal - after login, scroll down to the following section to download:
"VCCS: FREE! Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition FREE Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition for Students, Faculty, and Staff"
Free Anti-Spyware Software
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2010 File Formats (allows you to open, edit, and save files using the file formats new to Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2010)
- Substantial Discounts on Software (including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office)http://www.journeyed.com/go.asp?KEY=BN653
- MS the Ultimatesteal Program for MS Office Ultimate 2010
- Adobe Reader (for reading PDF files) http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
- Adobe Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver and other Adobe Software http://www.ciacentraledu.com/
NOTE: Although NOVA is not a listed partner, NOVA students are offered the current discounts for their purchases once they have completed the registration process.
If you need further assistance please contact the IT Help Desk at 703.426.4141 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The software is provided for your convenience. Installation will be done at your own risk. No Support will be provided by the college IT Help Desk or any other Northern Virginia Community College entity for this software. The integrity of your data is your personal responsibility, and it is recommended that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before downloading the software. Northern Virginia Community College cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss of data on your computer system that may occur while using the software.