Home > About NOVA > Directories & Offices > Administrative Offices > IT Help Desk > For Students > Online Training
Virtual Technology Training Powered By Atomic Learning
Atomic Learning helps you do more with the software you use every day. This online software training and support is like having a technology specialist in every classroom. The short, easy-to-view tutorials give you just-in-time answers to your "how do I do that?" software questions.
- More than 35,000 tutorial movies on more than 110 applications.
- Available 24/7 from school or home.
- New tutorials every 45 days.
|How to Access Atomic Learning
To access the Atomic Learning site, you need a username and password.
- Username: myNOVA Username - the same Username you use for NOVAConnect, Blackboard and Student Email.
- Example: If your Email is email@example.com, then your Username is rs0001
- Password: myNOVA Password - the same Password you use for NOVAConnect, Blackboard and Student Email.
To get started using the Atomic Learning tutorials.
- When prompted, enter your myNOVA Username and Password.
- Click STUDENTS: Access Atomic Learning
- At the Welcome, Click Continue to Atomic Learning.
Google Apps for Education
Nova's Google email system along with Google Apps is available to NOVA students.
On September 22, 2008, the Virginia Community College System Google Apps for Education was launched here at NOVA.
The Google email system provides you with a very reliable and secure way to send and receive email. Emails are delivered through a web browser and email addresses will not change.
Important Email Information . . .
- All email addresses are - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the same username and password you have been using for the old system to access your new email system.
- You do NOT need to set up a new Gmail account.
- If you do not know your username or password, click on My NOVA on the NOVA homepage and then click on Look up your username and set your password. Use the same link to reset your password.
- Access your email via My NOVA.
- Current student emails in the old email system are being migrated to your Google email account.
- Your mailbox size increases to 6.5 GB. Spam and virus protection is included. It has mobile access.
- No new email will be received in the old system after September 22. All incoming email will go to your address in the new email system. Remember, your email address does not change.
- Be sure to read the student email guidelines.
Instructions for Using Student Email . . .
Google Apps . . .
In addition to having access to Google Apps Email, you have access to additional Google Apps. Check out the main features you have available to use below; be sure to click on the options to see video demos and Google Help Center information:
Google Calendar (demo)
Google Calendar Help Center
||Multiple calendars are available for your use, including a simple online calendar for yourself, shared calendars, room / resource scheduling, and subscriptions to public calendars. Mobile access included.
Google Docs (demo)
Google Docs Help Center
||Create word processing documents, spreadsheets, or presentations. Export them to your favorite desktop and mobile programs. Share them with your groups and make changes together in real time.
Google Start Page(demo)
Create a customizable start page to access easily school information and gadgets (weather, Gmail, games and more).