NOVA student email system along with Google Apps is available to all NOVA students.
On September 22, 2008, the Virginia Community College System Google Apps for Education was launched here at NOVA.
The Google email system provides you with a very reliable and secure way to send and receive email. Emails are delivered through a Web browser.
Important Email Information
- All email addresses are - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You do NOT need to set up a new Gmail account.
- If you do not know your username or password, click on My NOVA on the NOVA home page, then click on Look up your username and set your password. Use the same link to reset your password.
- Access your email at http://email.vccs.edu/and via My NOVA on the NOVA home page.
- Your mailbox size increases to 6.5 GB. Spam and virus protection is included. It has mobile access.
- Visit FAQ for more information.
- Be sure to read the student email guidelines.
Instructions for Using Student Email
In addition to having access to Google Apps Email, you have access to additional Google Apps. Check out the main features you have available to use below; be sure to click on the options to see video demos and Google Help Center information:
|Multiple calendars are available for your use, including a simple online calendar for yourself, shared calendars, room/resource scheduling, and subscriptions to public calendars. Mobile access included.|
|Create word processing documents, spreadsheets, or presentations. Export them to your favorite desktop and mobile programs. Share them with your groups and make changes together in real time.|
|Chat with your classmates, faculty, and friends on the Web through instant messaging. Organize a group chat or make a free voice call.|
|Participate in team website creation where you can embed videos, images and gadgets.|
Create a customizable start page to access easily school information and gadgets (weather, Gmail, games and more).