Faculty and Staff Software
The information and links below are provided as a resource to the NOVA computing community. Please review all documentation and system requirements before installing any software on your system. You may need to contact the software manufacturer for assistance if you encounter any major problems with the installation.
NOVA Data Encryption Software
Free AntiVirus Software
Students, Faculty and Staff with Blackboard accounts can download free Antivirus Software by going to http://learn.vccs.edu/webapps/portal. After you log in, scroll down to the following section and download:
"VCCS: FREE! Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition
FREE Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition for Students, Faculty and Staff"
Free Anti-Spyware Software
- Free Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus and One Drive - Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription-based cloud service that is FREE to students, faculty and staff. You can load it on up to 5 devices. Even though it is a full version of Office, you need to load some software on your computer or mobile device. Click here to access Office 365 and use your full VCCS email address as your username (ex. VCCS email@example.com) and your VCCS password to log into the site, then follow Microsoft’s directions to set up the software. Your VCCS username is the one you use to login at MyNova. There is also a link on Blackboard. You only have free access while you are affiliated with NOVA. If you need assistance with getting access to Microsoft Office 365, contact the NOVA IT Help Desk, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. You also have unlimited cloud storage on Microsoft One Drive when you use your VCCS student email as your login while you are affiliated with NOVA. Google also provides unlimited cloud storage on Google Drive.
- Microsoft Home Use Program for Faculty & Staff
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats (allows you to open, edit and save files using the file formats new to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007)
- Substantial discounts on software (including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office) http://www.journeyed.com/go.asp?KEY=BN653
- Adobe Reader (for reading PDF files) http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
- Adobe Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver and other Adobe Software https://eforms.nvcc.edu/softlib/Default.aspx
IMPORTANT NOTE: Use the same username and password you use to log in to your office computer and NOVA Webmail. Adjunct faculty must use their NOVA email account firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need further assistance please contact the IT Help Desk at 703.426.4141 or email them at email@example.com.
The software is provided for your convenience. Installation will be done at your own risk. No Support will be provided by the college IT Help Desk or other Northern Virginia Community College entity for this software. The integrity of your data is your personal responsibility, and it is recommended that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before downloading the software. NOVA is not responsible for any disruption, damage and/or loss of data on your computer system that may occur while using the software.