The following settings can be used for any FTP client such as Core FTP, Total Commander and Cyber Duck (mac)
UserID: nvcc\UserID (same user id used at work every day)
Password: the same password used at work
|Dreamweaver Settings (Web Development FTP)|
|Core FTP Settings (windows)|
|Total Commander Settings (windows)|
|Download Total Commander
1. Open Total Commander.
2. For first time configuration, go to options/configuration and check “left mouse button (windows standard)”.
3. From the top menu, click on net/ FTP connect.
4. Click on the new connection button on the right
For Session, you can enter anything.
5. Host/IP/URL is www.nvcc.edu
6. Username is NVCC\UserID (that you use at work every day)
7. Password is the same password used at work
8. Click on connect
|CyberDuck Settings ( Mac)|
1. Click on Cyberduck Icon from your desktop .
Composer (Web Development tool part of the SeaMonkey suite) is a free web editor. No knowledge of HTML is needed. Composer has a functional FTP capability that will transfer only html and image files to your NOVA web folder. To transfer files, such as music, movies, or presentations, you will need to download Core FTP
Click here for more online tutorials.