College Government Affairs and Community Relations
The Office of College Government Affairs and Community Relations
- Provides leadership and supervision for College government and public affairs activities.
- Participates in the development and promotion of College legislative priorities.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the College’s legislative strategy.
- Participates in local, state and federal legislative activities.
- Participates in community-based educational, corporate and cultural activities.
- Coordinates a process of identification and development of new strategic community relationships with potential members of the College Board and NOVA Educational Foundation Board.
- Coordinates a process of identification and development of new strategic relationships with key members of the legislature and local government as well as business and civic leaders in the community.
- Provides leadership and coordination to College special events including: the annual NOVA Commencement ceremony, annual College Awards Luncheon, annual NOVA Board Dinner, ground breaking ceremonies and building dedications.
The office is located in the College Administration Building, 4001 Wakefield Chapel Road, Annandale, VA 22003-3796. For more information, call 703.323.3753.