Home > About NOVA > Directories & Offices > Administrative Offices > Academic Assessment > Assessment Loop Resources >
Step 1 – Writing Student Learning Outcomes
- Bloom’s Verbs – A helpful graphic that has the six levels of cognitive skills with corresponding verbs for each level and suggestions for methods of assessment.
- Empowering Faculty Through Assessment - Explains how faculty and administrators at Lord Fairfax Community College have made assessment a vital practice across campus. Includes a helpful table for Writing SLOs at different intellectual levels from Bloom’ Taxonomy (Simpson, K. 2009).
- How People Learn - Links insights about how people learn into curricular reforms from Project Kaleidoscope.
- A Model of Learning Objectives- An interactive Flash-based model of the Revision of Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives.
- Teaching Goals Inventory – A self-assessment of instructional goals that could be used to survey faculty regarding what they think are valuable knowledge, skills and attitudes students should gain from the program.
- Writing Intended Outcomes: Behavioral Outcomes - How to make your outcomes say what you want them to say.
- Writing SLOs – The first part of NOVA’s second workshop on student learning outcomes.