Welcome to Academic Assessment
The Office of Academic Assessment, a part of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Student Success Initiatives, provides college-wide leadership and coordination for assessment activities, which include program review, annual planning and evaluation of instructional programs, and a wide variety of student learning outcomes assessment activities.
The focus of academic assessment is on student learning outcomes and includes the review of all academic programs that award a degree or certificate as well as classroom-based assessment and research. The assessment coordinator serves as a resource for program review committees and for faculty who wish to engage in assessment research.
Dr. Jennifer Roberts is the Coordinator of Academic Assessment and assumes the overall responsibility for assessment at NOVA. Dr. George Gabriel is the Vice President of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Student Success Initiatives.
- Procedures for Documenting SLO
- NOVA’s Focus on Student Learning Outcomes
- Improving Student Learning Outcomes
- Student Learning Outcomes - Degree-Awarding Programs and Select Certificates
- Student Learning Outcomes - Lead Faculty and Coordinating Deans
- Outcome-Based Institutional Effectiveness Plan Highlights
- Outcome-Based Institutional Effectiveness Plan