NOVACard is FREE and provides our students, faculty and staff with benefits and services such as:
Benefits and Services
- Use it at campus libraries to check out books.
- Use it as ID in the bookstore to verify financial aid eligibility.
- Print, copy or scan in the libraries, labs and other FASTPrint locations.
- Get discount copies using designated copiers in campus libraries.
- Use it for Medical Education bookstore purchases.
- Make beverage and snack purchases at select Coca-Cola machines on all six campuses (look for the NOVACard signs).
- Use it for Café purchases at select campus locations.
- Building and Garage Access
- Access the parking garages at the Annandale Campus and Medical Education Campus in Springfield (with a valid parking permit).
- Access the building at the Reston Center.
- Access the Alexandria and Annandale Campus Fitness Centers.
- Faculty and Staff can use it to access the Loudoun Campus.
We recommend that you carry your NOVACard with you at all times on campus. It provides various building and garage access privileges, copy and print services at all NOVA libraries, faculty printing at the Alexandria Campus and discounts to select vendors located on and off campus.
When you have money on your NOVACard you don't need to worry about carrying around cash.
NOVACARD Online Services
Click here to access NOVACARD's online deposit system (GET), where you can:
- Add funds to your NOVACARD using a major credit card.
- Request for funds from your parents, friends or family.
- Parents, friends and family can use the system to deposit funds into your NOVACARD
- Report your NOVACARD lost.
- Upload a photo to be used on your NOVACARD.
- Find locations where your NOVACARD is accepted.
Click here and sign up!
FASTPrint is NOVA’s Student Copy and Print Service that provides students the ability to print, copy and scan documents to USB. Students may pay with their NOVACARD or a NOVA Guest Card and pick up their printed documents from any FASTPrint device on any campus.
All current NOVACARD holders are currently associated with FASTPrint and can start using the service right away. Those who receive a new NOVACARD will need to wait 24 hours to use the service or can manually associate their new NOVACARD. To associate your new NOVACARD to FASTPrint and create your FASTPrint account you will need to do the following:
- To easily check whether your NOVACARD is associated to any FastPrint device, you may swipe your card first (picture facing you, upside down). If the pop-up window shows that the card is not known in the system it will ask you to associate it. Click Next, type in your myNOVA username and password (case-sensitive), and press Associate.
- Congratulations, you’re all done! Now you only have to swipe your card to retrieve your documents.
All users can send and retrieve print jobs at any NOVA campus by printing from a campus workstation. Other FASTPrint methods for printing include document upload through the print2fastprint.nvcc.edu website, uploading a document through the mobile application or direct printing from a workstation. Email to Print is not available at this time.