||Emergency Medical Technician: Basic
||Emergency Medical Technician: Basic Clinical
| Total credits for the Emergency Medical Technician – Basic Career Studies Certificate=12
• EMS 111 and EMS 120 are mandatory corequisites. EMS 120 is generally held the 2nd 8 weeks of the 16-week term in which EMS 111 is held.
• EMS 120 consists of 12 hours of emergency department observation, and 12 hours of ambulance ride-along.
• The EMS program offers 8–10 sections of EMT–Basic yearly, as a year-round course offering.
• Approximately 25 percent of EMT–Basic students continue immediately in EMT–Intermediate classes.
• Approximately another 25–35 percent continue into prerequisites for Advanced Life Support programs or other NOVA classes after completing EMT–Basic.